The Board of Directors of CGEO consists of seven members and the majority is women. The Board elected by the General Assembly for a term of three years. It has the overall responsibility for its operation; it forms its objectives and maps out its strategy.
Its research-scientific project is designed and organized by the Scientific Committee which consists of distinguished scientists with a wide spectrum of scientific specialties from Greece and other European countries.
The following Departments operate in the framework of the Observatory:
- Advisory Unit of Employment
- Financial Support Office
- Education/Training Office
- Public Relations and European Programmes Office
- Accompanying Services Office
- Research - Survey Office
- Publications of forms and periodicals Office
- Data Processing Office ( electronic base)
The Cyprus gender Equality Observatory (CGEO) has been under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order, which funds part of the operative expenses.